Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Day in the Life of Campbell: Day 3

Dress

Clothes are one of those first fun things to collect for our children when we first learn that they are on the way. Its was hard to imagine dressing such a little thing when I was still pregnant with him. And when he did come those shirts and onesies that seemed impossibly small swallowed Campbell, our little man who came three weeks early. Now at 18 mos he is helping me dress himself in the mornings and it's hard for me to imagine how he has so quickly outgrown those newborn outfits. 

They say it's not as fun to shop for boy's clothes as it is girls and though I do believe the selection is smaller, I have had fun dressing him like a little man. He has such a precious little shape to his body. Just a mini Cliff! It's so cute to see him in his Georgia jerseys, sweater vests, and hoodies. 

He is almost as proud of himself as I am of him that he has learned to help me with the dressing process. As soon as he gets a leg or an arm in he squirms and it's out again! This is a game we are playing, after all, is it not?  We are working on putting pants on from the stand up, and step in position and though he has not yet mastered this, it sure is fun to try! We both giggle as he tries to balance and falls over. 

Like many things we do together on a daily basis dressing Campbell makes me think of my own dear parents and the daily tasks they once undertook, like dressing me. What a sweet thought to think of them playing peek a boo games, laughing, and chasing me around all to clothe my little toddler body. 

I know all too soon I will blink my eyes and he will be dressing himself completely each morning, and so for now I don't want to take for granted these small joys. It's an extra step in my already overly busy day, but it's a step I cherish taking with him daily on this journey we share as mother and son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment